 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 161
Re: Some bugs with LDGLite
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 15:04:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Christopher Masi writes:
Just to be clear, the two step jump has nothing to do with LDGLite
Launcher.

I'm pretty sure that's a bug with the OS X version of GLUT.  I bet
it gives 2 events for each key or button press.  Probably a key up
and a key down event.  I'll have to filter out the extra ones.

Well, the problem with the full screen modes for me is that the parts
remain highlighted. I can't go any bigger than about 750x550 if I want
the selected part highlighting to work correctly. But I'll try the
resize thing to see if that fixes the highlighting problem.

Hmmm, a quick calculation says 1024x768 times 32 bits per pixel for
the front buffer, 32 bpp back buffer, 32bpp depth/stencil buffer
adds up to 9 MB so that's out of the question with only 8 on board.
But you should have plenty of memory for slightly lesser modes,
unless the memory is partitioned badly.  Maybe it abandons the stencil
buffer at higher resolutions to conserve memory?  (That would explain
the problem since I use the stencil buffer to highlight the parts.)
Does ldglite print something different for GL_STENCIL_BITS and
GL_DEPTH_BITS when you go over 750x550?

Do you have any way to try a 16bpp mode?

Meanwhile what happens to the highlights?  Do they change at all when
you select a different piece.  I had a problem like this with the
Nvidia TNT that I worked around by using the ktx_buffer_region
extension.  You don't have that extension, but perhaps I could use
a similar technique.

Don