 Administrative / Suggestions / 300
Re: Block user X from replying to a message by user Y
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Thu, 16 May 2002 11:30:58 GMT

I would just like to say that the extent of the discussions that have gone
on here in the Lugnet Commuity are on the whole about Lego as it should be.
I don't know how to fully encapsulate my fellings on how much that has
drifted, suffice to say that I believe that Lugnet is supposed to be about
discussing Lego. The Fact is many many discussions have taken place that
have strayed far from the originating creedo.

It seems that this forum has been used for much more for too long. I feel
that certain people have used Lugnet to expound on all the facets of the
Human Condition. Opinions, remarks, battles, Meaness, defensive posturing
all have found there way into a forum originally intended to be about Lego.

All certain people have done is to make Lugnet grounds for streching the
orignal vision to encompase their verbose natures.

It all seems to me that just because there is an off-topic debate area, it
makes it ok to talk about anything under the sun. (eh, that's a loose
summation, sorry)

I would think that the area was created as a place to help funnel the
misunderstandings to a place where they can be explored and brought to a
conclusion.

I would also put myself out on a limb to say that, certain people just have
more of a need to expound on their feelings, thoughts and opinions than
Lugnet could ever hope to satisfy.

I mean that a chat/posting forum Like Lugnet just doesn't seem to meet the
intelectual needs of some of the more prevelant posters. Perhaps it's time
for ya'll to move on. Find a place like a pycho babble chat forum to
complete your needs. Lugnet is for Lego and that has been widend to a giant
swath by some of you.

I would however step back for a moment and acually support the free will of
posting by saying this:

When I was talking with a fine gentleman at Bricks West, he brought up a
good point in regards to the fervor and posting inclination exhibited by
some people here.

It went a little like this. "....I rather post to Lugnet and talk about
things with the poeple here that are my friends..."

Meaning that because some folks know each other and they all hang out here,
it's easyier to come to Lugnet and chat/post about non-Lego stuff because at
least people "know" them here, whereas if someone were to goto a
phyco-babble chat/posting Forum, people wouldn't know you there, hence
making it more attactive to post about non-Lego discussions here on Lugnet
expecting response from people they are at least "familiar" with.

All in all, I would just like to say no matter the justification, many many
discussions have taken place on Lugnet that aren't about Lego.

I think that people take the differnce of opinions to far sometimes. I think
that somehow someone will evan try to fault me in some of my conclusions
layed out here.

We can all only speak one truth at a time. The truth is subjective. We can
never know peoples motivations. We can only guess at the mentality level of
people. We can only partially gage a persons intelligence. We can choose to
be diplomatic or slam someone.

What I would really like to say here is that if we kept the discussions
about Lego we would be honoring the whole intent to this place.

I too am drifting from that higher thought as I type this. Really I am
trying to make a point. Take your non-lego chat somewhere else. Lunget is
not satifying the needs of certain people and that's obvious to me and many
others.
Certain people seem to need much more than Lugnet can provide. In that
struggle certain people have lost sight of the fact that Lugnet is supposed
to be about Lego and not for throwing about insults and a ever expanding
deduction of the human condition.

Fine, sometimes hey we throw a little non-Lego oriented charm into the
discusions here and it's necc. to build a good converation sometimes. I
still think that self appointed policing, random posting to just spout your
opinion everywhere is symtomatic of the problem we face with prolific
posters with whom Lugnet cannot satisfy the thirst they have for their
Verbose natures.

I can Rant from time to time. I try not to. I have gotten myself into
trouble due to my own angst and the inability of others to curb their
verbose natures in tandem with certian people's lack of tact, and there you
have it.

See I told you guys I'm not sure how to say all of this!

Look, what I really feel is this:

I don't want Larry P. to ever reply to one of my posts EVER again.
I don't like him. He bothers me. We have bumped heads to many times.
He doesn't seem to care for me much either. He tends to somehow bring out
the worst in me. Frankly he has no business getting involved in anyting I
do. Stay away from me Mr. P and I will respect you in kind. I will not ever
bring up your name, nor will I seek your advice. Your not wanted in my
world. Stay away from me. Please block user X from posting to user Y.

I have no desire to interact with you. Please keep your posts to yourself
and must you persist in your constant opinionation? Lugnet can't possibley
fulfill your needs as a person. You post way to much for me to belive that.

I have read posts of yours that clearly indicate you have alot going on
upstairs. Know what I mean? So, If I were you, please consider finding a
place to expound on your verbose nature other than Lugnet. You have soured
my experience here way to many times.

This is the last. Stay away from me and anything I post to. Your not wanted.

Lastly, as annoyed as I get with you. I still feel, beleive it or not that
everyone is cable of change. I think it possible for you to redeem yourself.
I just need time away from the black holes you have pulled me into.

Enough, sorry to all for wasting bandwidth. I just had to get it off my chest.
Slam me if you wish, I will not reply. I promise myself and the rest of you
that I will go home and build and concentrate on why I do what I do. I love
Lego. I love to build. Not endlessly expound on my verbose nature. Like I'm
doing now!!! LOL!

So yes, please block user x from posting to user Y. At least in this case.

Good day, and build well.

Legomaster
www.mylegomaster.com