 Administrative / Suggestions / 291
Re: Block user X from replying to a message by user Y
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 13:48:25 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Scott Arthur writes:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Richard Marchetti writes:

Can't you see that everyone is extremely tired of it? Just drop it.  It no
longer amuses on any level, if it ever did.  The slights, the meanness, the
petty gloating -- baby, it is SO over...

I'm tired of it. I'm not amused by it. I’m not a mean person, and I try not
to gloat.

I agree 100% with Richard.

Please refrain from responding to Larry directly, or even from responding to
someone else responding to Larry directly.

<whine on>
I am tired of his petty attacks on me - that's it. I find it hard not to
respond when he repeats the same rubbish time-after-time. I could live with
it if it just happened once, but the same untruths get repeated and
repeated. He has even attacked me on Bricklink!
<whine off>

I can see how that would be incredibly frustrating.  I have my distinct
opinions on who is the corrosive one, but I really think at this point both
of you are devaluing the LUGNET experience for the users who care by
bickering with each other (and now with Suz!)

I just don't see why I should have to bite my lip when he attacks me. I know
that others feel the same about his antics. The best way to stop a bully is
to make him see sense, not just hope that he gets bored with it.

Both of you are to blame at this point.  Your fellow community members have
time and time again requested the two of you stop bickering with each other.
Instead of graciously taking it to email, BOTH OF YOU now try to nitpick on
what the meaning of bickering is and put 'the line' where you perceive each
other's behavior to be!!  This is BEYOND old.  Get over yourselves, PLEASE!!!!

I thought I'd never post in an S&L show thread again, I lied.  This is way
too much, and way too damaging to the community spirit on LUGNET.  Please,
give it a rest.  I thought you were meant to be adults.

-Tim