 Administrative / Suggestions / 278
Re: Block user X from replying to a message by user Y
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 20:38:55 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Larry Pieniazek writes:
you'd rather just ignore the very real problem of Scott
Arthur and hope it goes away.

jumping to your own conclusions. and incorrect.

You've enabled his behaviour.

Look, I can not define provocation, so cannot use that as a basis for
punishment. and that's not being said for Scott's benefit.

I am sorry that LEGO's misusing your trademark but it is not relevant
to *this* problem any more than the issues I am struggling with in
producing a high quality estimate for my current client [...]

wrong. If the membership makes payments for time I work on LUGNET, you
better believe it makes a big difference what I spend it on. It's a LUGNET
trademark issue, not some job for an un-related client.

that does not make Scott Arthur any less of a long term hazard to
LUGNET(tm). However it's a risk you have chosen to take,
so... so be it.

You are overstating the situation. I've made no policy decisions yet. But
I'm not in any hurry to put one in place for a single individual.

If you wish to see a new LUGNET policy on bickering be particularly
effective on a single person you have in mind, propose some wording for us.
I'm sure we can come up with something better than a 'no sighs for Scott'
policy.

If you want to be helpful, please think more. Like, what if repeated
offenses accumulated somehow. (?) or a specific type of situation were
considered more serious. (?)  Just remember that the same policy will apply
to you too, and to plenty of easily misunderstood posters, kids, non-english
speakers, LD, and completely innocent bystanders.

From now on, in our discussion about new policy, I'll use completely
fictional examples. so as to avoid confusion.

-Suz