 Administrative / Suggestions / 265
Re: Block user X from replying to a message by user Y
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 12:39:48 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Scott Arthur writes:

Larry has said the he was right to attack my Bricklink shop as it was "a
competitive response." which  "Happens all the time in the real world.  c.f.
WalMart(tm) and KMart(tm) shopping each other and posting ads highlighting
their price differences."

I may be wrong, but I was not aware that "WalMart(tm) v KMart(tm)" was the
role model for community interactions? If it is, and Larry's action is
encouraged, then expect a "*sigh*" from me!

I dispute that it was an "attack".

But the question of what level of competitive response is appropriate on
LUGNET(tm) is a valid question, which I would love to see someone else take
up by starting a new thread. I suggest neither Scott nor I participate in it
(voluntarily, and I so pledge if he does) and it be allowed to reach
consensus on its own.