 Administrative / Suggestions / 285
Re: Block user X from replying to a message by user Y
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 07:12:07 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Jude Beaudin writes:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Suzanne D. Rich writes:

I refuse to spend my time hunting down each instance of what might have been
intended as bicker-bait

Ok thanks for the clarification.

So you're saying it's OK to bait people all that you want, but anyone rising
to it is potentially at risk?

I'll keep that in mind.

I think she is saying that you are an adult and you are responsable for your
actions. Just like everyone is. If Suz feels someone crosses the line, they
will deal with the consequences of their actions, regardless of the cause.

All true but I am trying to find out what the line is so I can decide
whether to support or oppose.

Is it OK to bait people as long as they don't rise to the bait? Most of the
time when Scott baits me, I don't rise it it. I'm pretty proud of my record
(no one is perfect of course) lately, I've ignored 95+% of his baiting.

But I don't think it *should* be OK to keep baiting and baiting and baiting
the way he does.

And I don't think he (or anyone) should be able to get away with it over and
over and over just because most people ignore it most of the time.

These words are baiting, and I totally reject what you are trying to say.
I'd be amazed if you could back this up. In fact, I'll give ten pounds to
charity if you can show me/us the alleged "95+%" baits you have ignored from
me and the alleged <5% you have given in to.  We can define “lately” as 2
months.

I'm growing tired of your antics.

Scott A