 Administrative / Suggestions / 269
Re: Block user X from replying to a message by user Y
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 17:10:24 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Suzanne D. Rich writes:

Scott's sigh did not make me mad.

If you want my buyin on this as a just policy(1)

I already expect that such a policy would seem unfair sometimes.

A policy can seem unfair and yet still be just. Life is not "fair". But we
nevertheless should strive for justice.

you are going to have to explain that.

I stated my personal reaction.  (I did not declare it 'right' or 'wrong')

ANY time he sighs he's doing it to start a bicker. Plain and simple.

Then you should have known better than to go for the bait.

Yes I should have. And if, in future, if the placement of bait itself
results in some timeouts for the baiter (even if it's not risen to) then it
will become much easier to do so. So this has the potential to be a good
policy if properly implemented.

I actually agree with you on this. Giving the initial baiter a timeout in
this instance would have made me less likely to have typed my "sigh" post...
and also these ones:
http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=4281
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/finance/?n=38
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/finance/?n=54

Scott A

=+=
Have you inspected Arthur’s Seat yet?
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=scotta

"A reasonable man adapts himself to suit his environment. An unreasonable
man persists in attempting to adapt his environment to suit himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." (GBS)
=+=

++Lar