 Administrative / Suggestions / 241
Re: Block user X from replying to a message by user Y
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Fri, 10 May 2002 19:01:50 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, William R. Ward writes:

It seems to me that certain recurring flamefests could be prevented,
or at least reduced in scope, if you could prohibit certain users from
replying to certain other users (and vice-versa)....

wouldn't that just cause a proliferation (sp) of new threads, and make the
problem worse, since you wouldn't know which threads have no useful content?
There's all sorts of technical solutions we can try, but as long as people
want to argue, they can get through them...

Dan