 Administrative / Suggestions / 280
Re: Block user X from replying to a message by user Y
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 21:18:56 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Larry Pieniazek writes:
We all have lots of problems and we all have to balance them. That's what
people do. This particular symptom of the problem may have been overanalysed
to death at this point, but that does not make Scott Arthur any less of a
long term hazard to LUGNET(tm). However it's a risk you have chosen to take,
so... so be it.

Larry:

There seems to be some absurd assertion that Scott A. is some kind of
significant threat to the stability/civility of Lugnet, but I just don't see
it.  Even if I were to accept that Scott were such a threat, then I would
suggest that you are no less the same kind of threat.  But in reality, I
don't believe there is any more or less threat on either side of it but that
your own skewed perceptions seem to make it so.

Both of you seem to have your good and bad points, but sadly no restraint
whatever when it comes to dealing with one another.  That's really the
problem in a nutshell.  You are simply, both of you, each other's biggest
problem on Lugnet; yet somehow both of your viewpoints are similarly skewed
into somehow actually believing that it is the other person that is the
"real" problem.

If ever there was a time to prove yourself superior to the feud or just
merely beyond concern for Scott, this is that moment.  If ever you feel
inclined to respond to percieved baiting, just do nothing instead.  Believe
me, nobody will think the less of you for your silence -- just the opposite,
I should think.

-- Hop-Frog