 Administrative / NNTP / 661
Re: A letter to Todd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 18:18:36 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Mark Papenfuss writes:
Attitude? I was very polite and respectfull to Todd, I was trying to
have an adult conversation with him - to bad others did not see this.

On that note, perhaps you would find it useful to some of the things you
have said in recent memory:

http://news.lugnet.com/admin/nntp/?n=456
  "That has to be the lamest excuse I have heard."
This has been explaind to you time (
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/nntp/?n=601 )and time (
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/nntp/?n=652 )again. If you choose not to listen
then that is your call. But this is really getting stupid and old, if you
really want to use a word to judge somebody then fine - be closed minded all
you like to be. it is just flat out stupid.

http://news.lugnet.com/admin/nntp/?n=506
  "I will answer this with the same bs that is being thrown at us:"
Now this was not to you - it was to Eric, so like i said - "I was very
polite and respectfull to Todd, I was trying to have an adult conversation
with him" Now, you and Eric are two diferent people ~ am I wrong in this
statment.

http://news.lugnet.com/admin/nntp/?n=520
  "I am not trying to convince anybody of anything -I am just looking
  for *real* answers. What is being served to us is swine, nothing more."
Well, it was swine. At that point you were giving reasons like (paraphrasing
here) ~it would create more of a buzz if lego posted items elsewhere and
somebody other than lego brought it to our attention~ Now, you and others
have recently given *very* good reasons, and if you were forthcoming in the
start then I really doubt any of this would have happened. By not being
forethcoming in the start, you allowed this to get much larger than it
should have gotten.

http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=8832
  "You must really not want them to continue to offer these great
  items to us in the future, I know I would say "well f*ck you and your
  keyboard" if I was Lego."
This was a different conversation alltogether, and even at that I was not
saying *I* said that, you dumped on Jake for making a mistake in where he
posted his thread. But that thread is over with, if you want to rehash it
then go ahead, I will not take part in it.

In other words, Mark, I may be mistaken, but I suspect there are more
effective ways to show someone that you are interested in having an adult
conversation with them.  It certainly wasn't (and still isn't, and perhaps
never will be) my belief that you are actually interested in having an adult
conversation.  That is my own opinion and you are welcome to influence it by
acting in an adult manner in the future.

Ok, although your points from above do not illustate very well the point you
were trying to make. perhaphs you have others? But it does not matter to me
if you do. I refuse to go foward with this canversation in any way.

To clarify a few things, I never meant for anybody, espically Todd to take
anyhting I said in a negative way - but it seems they have.

I guess my middle name isn't Idiot for nothing.

I did make an
offering of peace to Todd (see the pics of the wedding site thread in the
legoland CA section), but it went unanswered - Seeing that Todd reads
everything,

No, I don't read everything, and not from everyone.

Sorry, I was going by what you said.
--Todd

Now with that, I point you to this:
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/nntp/?n=655

Mark P.
Now withdrawing from admin.nntp alltogether.