 Administrative / NNTP / 622
Re: A letter to Todd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 07:31:59 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Tim Courtney writes:
Mark, settle down.  You're being a bit too demanding here, even though you
might not see it.  You posted a public letter, so you should expect others
to reply.  If you didn't want other replies, then don't post publicly.  You
can't get upset when someone other than Todd replies.
True, point taken - I was more to borrow a word "grated" that the reply had
really nothing to do with the post - I know it would be impossible to keep
people posting a reply to it, and posting that would only make people reply
more - which it did. If it had been more topical to what this thread was
about, then I would not have even blinked or replyied, my time trying to
have an adult conversation about if Lego can post across the board is over,
it will only be a waste of time at this point.

<snip>

I know both of you are adults, but you are both acting like little children
here.  'You shut up,' 'no, you!!'  Look at yourselves.  Mark - granted Jude
has been a little snide in his comments here, you don't have to come back at
him that way.  Take a chill pill.
I was trying to make a point that that reply was wrong, For what I was going
to post see below(1).

<snip>
I don't think you 'attacked' Henry, but at the same time you tried to
silence him in a public thread, where he has just as much right (granted by
Todd for running Lugnet and approving him to post) as the next person.  You
can't impose your unreasonable expectations on who can post where, just
because you're Mark Papenfuss.

LOL, same as above - but thank you for agreeing that I did not attack Henry.
That is not what I did.  I was not trying to silence him, just pointing out
that this was not the thread it belonged on. And the part about it not being
an open letter was a last second addition (not the best addition granted)-
because it was not an open letter, I was not looking for others (other than
Todd's) opinion on what I had posted, I knew that others would post on it,
it is a given an shoul - and was expected.

<snip>

Mark - though we share an opinion about the rule, you've been a bit
unreasonable throughout this entire discussion.  I hope you see that.  Eric
personally attacking you may have added to the frustration, but that's
something you and him need to deal with, if this is by any chance effecting
your attitude posting here.

Take a chill pill dude, you've been a tad too demanding here. • see (1) below

Note, I am NOT telling you to shut up.
Its ok man, *you* could tell me to shut up, because I know if you did you
would not be doing it for the wrong reason, like Jude did. Jude was the one
trying to silence somebody here - it was ironic that while wrongly accusing
me of doing it, that he would do it himself - I just find that funny.

-Tim
lol, ok Tim. Yes, like I told you last night, what Eric did was upsetting,
and I took it for what it was worth - worthless jabber from somebody who
means nothing to me.  And reference the part about posting on this thread
above :)~

(1) NOW - to why I replied to Juse the way I did:
This was done for a reason, I treadtd Jude like Jude treated me. I wanted
Jude to say "what an asshole", and hopefully it would dawn on him that when
I read his post I myself thought "what an asshole". I do not know Jude, all
I know is Jude came out of left field with that - and I dished Jude what
Jude dished to me. There is no need for any of it, and the fact that you
said it was perfet, I had hoped that by the time I returned home somebody
(hopefully Jude) would have replied saying something along those lines. I am
calm, I was very careful when i replied to that post - I was very careful to
return exactly what I was given. Jude was very incorrect in what he said,
and I was scratching my head as to how I attacked Henry.
Mark P.
mfuss903@aol.com