 Administrative / NNTP / 679
Re: A letter to Todd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 00:28:22 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Josh Opotzner writes:
And, I found a nitpick in it.  Why does this make a difference?

Hmm...why does there always have to be a why to everything?  (That's a
philosophical question, not a blunt retort.)

The groups wern't established with this in mind...point, please?

Weren't established with that in mind, and still aren't.  To put it another
way, if all these groups were just now being started, it would be the same
deal:  we'd still explain to LEGO the vision and philosophy of being a site
for fans to meet one another, find information, and share ideas.  Emphasis
on fan-to-fan communication.  You're talking a completely different equation
and site philosophy if the company whose products you live for is running
around in your groups.  Targeted droplets of official information taste good
but aren't what give the community its strength.

--Todd