 Administrative / NNTP / 610
Re: A letter to Todd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 00:14:05 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

This brings me to my next point:
You and Eric, among a few others keep referring to the "LEGO Company" and
the "Lego Company" this and that - now the "Lego Company" cannot, and is not
talking to us here - a few employees are, they are not the "Lego Company",
they are individuals, just like you and me, but they have I job I wish I
had! Now it is obvious for anybody to see you are upset at the Lego
"company", but why punish the few of its employees that do post here under
the goodness of their hearts?

Nobody is being punished

Absolute BULL.  They are being punished, as you dropped the rules into place without
a SOLUTION to help meet those rules.  You just counted on external forces to handle
it.

Step 1 - Plan a rule
Step 2 - Be nice and plan a solution to the rule if said rule is restrictive
Step 3 - Let people know about the rule, point to the solution
Step 4 - Institute the rule

YOU FORGOT STEP 2 and part of Step 3 - NEXT time, I hope you are more careful of the
sequence/timing of Step 1-4.

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/