 Administrative / NNTP / 665
Re: A letter to Todd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 19:09:09 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Mark Papenfuss writes:
Mark P.
Now withdrawing from admin.nntp alltogether.

Thank you.  On your way out, would you care to apologize to everyone for
your use of profanity here last night?

--Todd
See, you put me in a spot that I am sure I will get bashed on no matter what
I do here. If I do post here, I will be re-entering a thread I said I was
out of, and If I do not reply then it will be used against me as I refused
to apolisize. So basically I am dammed if I do, and dammed if I don't. So
with that:

If anybody was offended by the word "a**hole" then I, Mark papenfuss do
sincerly apologize for that. It was not put here to offend anybody in any
way, shape or form.

Now for the explanation: That word is ued on the radio and the television
(and no, not cable tv) where I live. I know it was considered to be profane
in the past, but since it has been popping up in the media that I watch and
listen to then I do not consider this a profane word. You may feel
differenly, this is up to you. I think your time would have been better
spent addressing the lego porn that was posted on this site than a word that
is used on free-tv.

Now, that was not too hard, I apolisized for something others thought was
wrong, even though I did not feel the same way. i hope Eric takes notes from
this.

Mark P.
And this is really my last post to the admin.nntp thread, no matter what.