 Administrative / NNTP / 613
Re: A letter to Todd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 01:23:56 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Mark Papenfuss writes:
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Mark Papenfuss writes:
It is very clear there are a few people who agree with what you have
done, but the vast majority of us feel what you have done is without merit
and wrong.

You certainly don't know that the vast majority feel that way.  You know
that about 10 to 12 highly vocal people are complaining and about 4 or 5
generally quieter people are agreeing.

Te only thing I said was clear that was people agreed with you. And the vast
majority was a reference to the people who were in on the discussion.

A vast majority of a minority is a lesser minority...

I still think you're overlooking the reason newsgroups are "grouped". If I want
to read about a particular subject (be it Lego offers, trains, or how many
AFOLs have "Lego friendly" pets), I'll subscribe to the groups that pertain
most closely to those subjects.

Lego employees are free to post in any groups about any subject, if they don't
use a lego.com address. All Todd has done is force them to decide whether a
particular post is an official Lego post or not. I think all Lego employees are
capable of making such a decision, don't you?

My AU$0.04 (=US$0.02)

ROSCO