 Administrative / NNTP / 652
Re: A letter to Todd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 07:25:57 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Mark Papenfuss writes:
I am going to pull something from above:
"Eric may have been under the impression"
~ and ~
"not difficult for me to imagine that"
Now those are assumptions,

Hardly assumptions.  Predictions based on how you have conducted yourself in
writing.  As far as I'm concerned, whether or not you ARE a 13-year-old,
everything you've said tells me that you wish to be treated as if you are a
13-year-old.

As somebody looking in form the outside, maybe I can be a voice of reason.
So here it goes;
What you made were assumptions, you assumed he is a thirteen year old. If
you do not know something and take a guess you are making an assumption. You
are only trying to play tricks with the English language. I have been
following this debate (and yes Mark, it was a debate) and I did not see
where Mark acted like a thirteen year old. Mark, untill a day or two ago
acted like an adult the entire time. He could have very easily reacted
differently when Eric took the personal shot at him (and yes, it was a
personal attack). From what I can tell, you stated that you thought he was a
thirteen year old because he used the word "lamest". Mark is from the
Southern California region, and so am I - and I can tell you that word is
widley used by all age groups here in Southern California. Now from what I
can tell, you are from somewhere back east - you must not use that word out
where you live. But to assume Mark is a thirteen year old because of this is
strange. You must have better reasoning.

you trying to weasel out of it just shows your
immaturity even more.

I certainly don't think he's trying to weasel out of anything (I don't even
see what he'd have to try to weasel out of anyway).  He was trying to
explain politely to you (and this point seems to have been lost on you) why
I said what I said to what he said to what you said.  I'm also trying to
explain same.
I would hardly say Eric has been polite to Mark. Eric made a personal attack
on Mark and has refused to say he was sorry, and you have defended this
immature action of Eric's. I know you two are friends, but to back him up on
something that he did was wrong makes you wrong also.

I'm an adult but I don't always act like one.  If I act like an 8-year-old,
I expect people to treat me like an 8-year-old.

Then what should I take it as? You had, and still have no idea what my age
is - and you confirmed you said you thought I was a 13 year old. So what
would you say this is? You made an uneducated and stupid guess.

Food for thought:  Based on how you have conducted and continue to conduct
yourself in writing publicly (which is all anyone here has to go on), what
other reasonable guesses do you leave your readers?

--Todd

From what I read, Mark and you were having a nice, tidy debate, untill Eric
chimed in with his thirteen year old statment. And Mark had every right to
not be happy with that. But I would say Mark has conducted himself better
than you have, and much better than Eric has.

I am not taking sides, just pointing out what I see.
Scott