 Administrative / NNTP / 660
Re: A letter to Todd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 15:12:28 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote in message <3ab3ab27.200292832@lugnet.com>...
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Mark Papenfuss writes:
It is very clear there are a few people who agree with what you have
done, but the vast majority of us feel what you have done is without • merit
and wrong.

You certainly don't know that the vast majority feel that way.  You know
that about 10 to 12 highly vocal people are complaining and about 4 or 5
generally quieter people are agreeing.

and

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman writes:

I know why Suzanne and I started LUGNET and it wasn't for LEGO to conduct
company business in discussion groups that were established for fans to • talk
to fans.  On other hand, we did set up a hierarchy of groups • (lugnet.Lego.*)
which ARE intended for LEGO to conduct company business and related • directly
to fans.

I personally despise these marketing driven toys that manufacturer's are
coming up with. Pokemon, BIONICLE etc. I refuse to allow pokemon stuff in
the house because it is a huge marketing gimmick poised to rape little kids
of their money. Bionicle is no different. I am sorry to see Lego go down
this desperate road.

Would the reaction to this Bionicle thread have been different if the topic
had not been part of the marketing monster? Who gives a S*** what color
masks they are trying to sell. (excuse my inference, my first, but it really
ticks me off as a mom)

I think Todd was correct and my response does belong here because the
original poster stated he was talking for the masses. Well I am not one of
those. Keep Lego marketing where it belongs. I could think of a better group
to post this Bionicle marketing, but I will show some restraint.

Rose