 Administrative / NNTP / 644
Re: A letter to Todd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 04:16:09 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
Todd,

Now do you see the general tone in this completely random, but
representative selection of quotes? The amount of posts to this is
overwhelming, many things got lost in the fire storm that has been covering
us.

To call that completely random is...incorrect.

They were taken from random threads, at the time I posted it there were
appx. 175+ posts to that thread - and you see the small range the quotes
were taken from - 475 thru 524 -and that includes whatever non topical posts
were made in the admin:nntp thread. I really could have re-read all 175+ (at
that time) posts and cherrypicked the real gems in there, but it was not
that important.

I read everything.

Is that "read" in the present or past tense?  I want to save that quote for
future out of context abuse.  ;-)

lol!

We have listened to the excuses you have given for doing what you did,
unfortunately, you have not listened to us about this.

Don't assume that.

It is hard to assume that one is listening when one receives little feedback.
I'm not exactly complaining about your level of communication, I'm pointing >out that feeling ignored is a natural response to not being engaged.

Exactly my point.

Eric Joslin in admin.nntp 518 ( http://news.lugnet.com/admin/nntp/?n=518 )
"Spoken, truly, like someone who has no idea how the Real World works.
Sometimes I forget that not everyone on Lugnet is an adult.
eric"

I believe Eric may have been under the impression that you were a 13-year-
old.  (I know it's not difficult for me to imagine that, given how you have
worded things such as "That has to be the lamest excuse I have ever
heard"[1] and your apparent tendency to read A and hear B.)

Or maybe Eric is just consistantly rude as hell and it's a shame we can't use
the skipfilter for posters.

LOL, you are not the first to tell me this, and I am seeing that is a true
statment.

And you should avoid it as much as possible.  I know that Mark's attitude
revved you up, but just keep breathing deeply.

Attitude? I was very polite and respectfull to Todd, I was trying to have an
adult conversation with him - to bad others did not see this. I did not get
an attitude with Todd, or even Eric after his rude and out-of-line statments
- I was being an adult.

Ultimately this website was made because it provided pleasure (and it must be >a huge amount of pleasure) to Todd and Suz.  Sometimes it seems like that's
impossible, but I guess it's verry rewarding on a day to day basis.

I would think it is, it should be a great joy in their lifes. And I am not
saying its not - to clear that up right now.

Even when I disagree with administrative decisions (because they're unfair,
because I don't understand, or because it was just a surprise...and I've seen
all three) I really appreciate that LUGNET is here, and that people with >enough talent, time, and love for The Brick and the fans is around.

YES!! I do appreciate Lugnet, and have said it numerous times - this is
truly a great site. I would say it is one of my favorite sites,and this
thing has not changed the way I feel about this site.

Chris

To clarify a few things, I never meant for anybody, espically Todd to take
anyhting I said in a negative way - but it seems they have. I did make an
offering of peace to Todd (see the pics of the wedding site thread in the
legoland CA section), but it went unanswered - Seeing that Todd reads
everything, I am taking it that he does not want peace, or is plain ignoring
me (also, a way of not wanting to get over things). **I** want to get past
this entire thing - thats why you will not seeing me talking about TLC's
privelages anymore, just clearing misconceptions and untruthes up here.
Todd, if you are reading this, I am serious about getting over this, I want
to - I hope you do also, we disagree about this - so what? You said that you
disagree with Suz and your friends every now and then, and it is a good
thing - I am not asking to be your best buddy or anything, but we are adults
and have the ability to be friendly and civil towards each other. Nothing
has chandged on thi side of the keyboard, I never had any problem with you
at all - I just wanted you to know this. The ball is in your court, I hope
you return it.
Mark P.
mfuss903@aol.com