 Administrative / NNTP / 648
Re: A letter to Todd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 05:48:37 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Kyle D. Jackson writes:
[...]
can.)  At any rate, TLC was very quick to pull rank and serve LUGNET
with a legal order that the information be purged from the LUGNET
servers.  There was no friendliness about this.  It was an order that
had to be obeyed to avoid the legal consequences.  It forced Todd
to do what I believe was a first for LUGNET: censor messages.  This
all occurred against the backdrop of some promising and friendly
exchanges between LEGO Direct and LUGNETers.

Just a couple of nits to pick:  One, TLC can't "pull rank," although I'm
sure that's not literally what you meant.  Two, editorial control was not
exercised, so "censor" isn't really accurate.

--Todd