 Administrative / NNTP / 640
Re: A letter to Todd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 03:44:53 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Mark Papenfuss writes:
Todd Lehman wrote:
Mark Papenfuss wrote:

Eric Joslin in admin.nntp 518 ( http://news.lugnet.com/admin/nntp/?n=518 )
"Spoken, truly, like someone who has no idea how the Real World works.
Sometimes I forget that not everyone on Lugnet is an adult.
eric"

I believe Eric may have been under the impression that you were a 13-year-
old.  (I know it's not difficult for me to imagine that, given how you have
worded things such as "That has to be the lamest excuse I have ever
heard"

So now who is making assumptions?

Todd was not making an assuption.  As certain people here have made a rather
big point of lately, Todd and I talk offline frequently- about a great variety
of topics, including LEGO and Lugnet.  Recently, while talking offline, the
subject of this whole discussion came up- and during the course of THAT, I
mentioned that in debating with you, I had come to the realisation that you
must be much younger than I had first assumed.

His careful wording was simply an attempt to not misquote me or put words in my
mouth, and is appreciated, but shouldn't at all be construed as an assumption.

eric