 Administrative / NNTP / 682
Re: A letter to Todd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 02:53:13 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman writes:
<snip>
Todd,
You just can't say "OK" or "thank you" can you?

No, it's completely outside of my abilities.  Moreover, I'm too much of a
jerk and a loser ever to say that...much less to mean it.
hehe, a little more than I was looking for. But it did make me smile :) I do
see what you are getting at (and no, I am not taking that comment seriously)

<snip>

"Nice try" is my most-polite-as-possible response to what was an all-too-
obvious attempt at responsibility-eschewing and feather-riling.

"Look, someone else did something worse than I did.  Why don't you go after
them first!  You waste your time by coming after me when that other stuff is
going on."

You'll note in fact that no porn was posted here.
I think that is up to the lawyers to decide, like if his choice of words was
profane or not. If you took what he said as profane but did not take this as
porn then you are an interesting man indeed.

(I'm making a hyooooge mental leap here and assuming that Mark was referring
to this thread from a few days ago...
We are taking the same leap here (I snipped the link to stop the easy flow
to the post)
  <snip>/general/?n=28764

...and if I'm wrong and porn was actually posted somewhere on this site
prior to Mark's message, I'll eat my words.)
I do agree Mark may have shifted the blame off to the side, but he did have
a good point. That link lead to many pictures, among them a yellow antenna,
cut and placed to resemble a penis, and inserted into where it was inserted
into was porn, granted it was "lego porn" but it was porn nonetheless. The
person who made it even titled it "Lego Porn" and went to say there was not
enough porn lego style on the web. It was graphical repensations of acts of
sex. Keep in mind I am not taking anybodys side on this, I do agree with
Mark, but I do also agree with you on this. There are much, much, much worse
things out there, and this was probally a 1.9 on a scale of 1-10 in
"badness" It just so happened I was reading the TOS and when I came back to
the main newsgroup page, this was among one of the first things I saw - good
timing huh? lol. (and I am saying its porn simply because the person who
made it said that is what it was, even the person who posted the link said
it was porn, I am not saying *I* think this is porn, just going by what was
posted)

The word you made Mark apologize
for is not even profanity,

Ahh, I see...I "made" Mark apologize.  I just twisted his arm and he had no
choice.  Boy am I a bully.  You know, your viewpoint seems to give Mark
little if any credit for his apology.  I give Mark a lot of credit for his
apology.  It's very not-easy to apologize.  Unless you don't mean it, in
which case it's very easy.
Keeping with your saracistic tone on this post, I do not think that was a
accurate interpation of what I meant (sarcastic or not). I think you did put
Mark in a spot where he could not win - like he said if he did post again,
he would be coming back into a thread when he said he was out, but if he did
not reply then I could easily see him being tagged for it later in some way,
not necessarily by you, but by somebody. Only Mark knows if he meant it, if
he did then good, if not then oh well. My thing was it seemed you just
shined his apology off into nowhere, and thats what grated me.

maybe if you were living back in the Andy
Griffith days, but not in today's age. So Todd, let it go, you apologize
now, it is your turn. Will you be man enough to do it? We shall see.
Scott Chambers

No, Scott, I'm not man enough to apologize.  I'm a tiny little dirty rat,
and I want the entire world to be insulted by everything I say. • LOL, well its not working then!
--Todd
Scott Chambers