 Administrative / NNTP / 645
Re: A letter to Todd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 04:33:07 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Eric Joslin writes:
(eric j)
Mark Papenfuss wrote:

Eric Joslin in admin.nntp 518 ( http://news.lugnet.com/admin/nntp/?n=518 )
"Spoken, truly, like someone who has no idea how the Real World works.
Sometimes I forget that not everyone on Lugnet is an adult.
eric"

I believe Eric may have been under the impression that you were a 13-year-
old.  (I know it's not difficult for me to imagine that, given how you have
worded things such as "That has to be the lamest excuse I have ever
heard"

So now who is making assumptions?

Todd was not making an assuption.  As certain people here have made a rather
big point of lately, Todd and I talk offline frequently- about a great variety
of topics, including LEGO and Lugnet.  Recently, while talking offline, the
subject of this whole discussion came up- and during the course of THAT, I
mentioned that in debating with you, I had come to the realisation that you
must be much younger than I had first assumed.

Debating? I said many times I was not debating with anybody, if it was a
debate, then I would have moved it into the debate thread. Maybe this was
your first mistakes (of a few) in assuming this was a debate, or I cared
what you had to say.

I am going to pull something from above:
"Eric may have been under the impression"
~ and ~
"not difficult for me to imagine that"
Now those are assumptions, you trying to weasel out of it just shows your
immaturity even more.

His careful wording was simply an attempt to not misquote me or put words in >my mouth, and is appreciated, but shouldn't at all be construed as an >assumption.

eric

Then what should I take it as? You had, and still have no idea what my age
is - and you confirmed you said you thought I was a 13 year old. So what
would you say this is? You made an uneducated and stupid guess. It is easy
to see I think very little of you - you make personal jabs in an adult
conversation and do not make an apology when you are wrong. There have been
a few people that have have told me this is your typical style, both by
posting here and via email. I do expect an apology from you - But I am not
holding my breath because you probally see nothing worng in what you do.
Mark P.
mfuss903@aol.com