 Administrative / NNTP / 680
Re: A letter to Todd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 00:28:24 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, "soc" <reallysick_of_crap@hotmail.com> writes:
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Mark Papenfuss writes:
[...] I think your time would have been better spent
addressing the lego porn that was posted on this site [...]

Nice try.

--Todd

Todd,
You just can't say "OK" or "thank you" can you?

No, it's completely outside of my abilities.  Moreover, I'm too much of a
jerk and a loser ever to say that...much less to mean it.

Mark did what you asked from
him, even though it was unnecessary and not really called for, but yet he
did what you asked. I would, without a doubt, say he is the bigger man now.
You have been acting like a little child here, even more so for Eric. You
should apologize to Mark for this, all this time you acted like you were
being the bigger man, and for the most part you were. But with this Mark
stands out as the bigger man. read your TOS, porn is not accepted here, and
Lego porn is porn, did you even look at it?

"Nice try" is my most-polite-as-possible response to what was an all-too-
obvious attempt at responsibility-eschewing and feather-riling.

"Look, someone else did something worse than I did.  Why don't you go after
them first!  You waste your time by coming after me when that other stuff is
going on."

You'll note in fact that no porn was posted here.

(I'm making a hyooooge mental leap here and assuming that Mark was referring
to this thread from a few days ago...

   http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=28764

...and if I'm wrong and porn was actually posted somewhere on this site
prior to Mark's message, I'll eat my words.)

The word you made Mark apologize
for is not even profanity,

Ahh, I see...I "made" Mark apologize.  I just twisted his arm and he had no
choice.  Boy am I a bully.  You know, your viewpoint seems to give Mark
little if any credit for his apology.  I give Mark a lot of credit for his
apology.  It's very not-easy to apologize.  Unless you don't mean it, in
which case it's very easy.

maybe if you were living back in the Andy
Griffith days, but not in today's age. So Todd, let it go, you apologize
now, it is your turn. Will you be man enough to do it? We shall see.
Scott Chambers

No, Scott, I'm not man enough to apologize.  I'm a tiny little dirty rat,
and I want the entire world to be insulted by everything I say.

--Todd