  *70269 (-100)
  Re: Line in the Sand

(...) I haven't had time to reply, hope to have soon. (...) NO ! It's not quite done iet ! 8) (...) Rui Martins (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: My fleet is bigger'n your fleet!

On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, Bruce Schlickbernd (<FKpHLr.87G@lugnet.com>) wrote at 03:56:15 (...) But you probably have me hollow in funds as a result! :-) Arr. Where's me marauding cap? Pieces of eight! (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Caribbean Clipper Cwestion

Steve Campbell wrote in message <3821FE96.C2E41D7A@l...sa.gov>... (...) Mmmm. I'd noticed that from a picture somewhere. I don't think I've ever seen a real ship with the ports organised in this fashion. It seems to me that you normally have plenty (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: 8450 Mission / Cybermaster expansion

(...) The CyberMaster was never intended to be programmed by the user like Mindstorms. It's *very* unfortunate to see LEGO invest so much effort and money in a radio-controlled LEGO computer with so much to offer and don't take *any* steps to make (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: The "geography" of local space

Hello again, I''m glad I generated some interest here! I hope, however, that we do not stray too far from discussing LEGO -- I have noticed complaints in at least one other LUGNET newsgroup. (...) Both quite rewarding, but difficult fields in which (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  8450 Mission / Cybermaster expansion

The set 8450 Mission (Cybermaster expansion) is a model off a airplane. The expansion is only the software. An advanture game with an Bomb-layer vehicle and some software for the airplane. No new sensors or systematic program language. Kind of (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: OZAFOL's unite!!

Peter, Ooops replied to your loc.au.nsw.syd before reading this one..so here goes (...) Seems we have something common here! ;) (...) Am i the only one who has bizarre dreams that im a little kid in a store thats still selling all those long (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: G'Day!

One here, Who knows one day i meet might a partner who also likes lego, thereby making it two :) Cheers Santosh (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: ARE YOU READY...

Hi John, It's not a torture. I announce great sets for the next week in several themes:PIRATE-SPACE UNITRON-WILD WEST-CASTLE-TRAIN (ACESSORIES)....It's my gift for Christmas. DYA works for you !!! Be patient ! See you later, Emmanuel. John Neal a (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: 8880 from DYA: COUNTDOWN !!!

Hi Scott, Actually, I deleted this reference from DYA website. I have some sets 8880 with problems with corners. This week-end, I'll search, in my warehouse: personally, I think I have 20 sets yet !!! Concerning set 8480, it's a good set !!! I don't (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: FS: Pristine Shrinkwrapped 780 Construction Set from 70's

Hi Alan, If this is a true sale, it's sold, just tell me where to send the money. If its an auction, you've no business mentioning it in this newsgroup, is that subtle enough. Mark H (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: The "geography" of local space

(...) Thanks for the answer. (...) I'm not sure what you're asking here. (...) Very cool Mark. I heard astronomers had proved the existence of several large planets around a nearby star, but had no idea JPL could build a telescope to image them. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: historical gap for themes

Paul Sinasohn wrote in message ... (...) that (...) entertainment (...) that (...) Please take a look at the set# 6490. (URL) is obviously a "modern times" set (a yellow Land Rover type jeep) and this set includes a rifle as a trophy gear. Human (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  I'm new to castle collecting.

Hi all, i just started to collect the castle lego systems. I really like these, but i dont care for the ninja series. I like the knights alot better. Only problem is i cant find any in the stores. Does anybody know where i can find some sets? (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New pbForth 1.1.0

(...) It works fine. It even worked with my own "no-echo" terminal. Best part, of course, it's that nice splash "4th" ;) (...) Well, I'm really would like to see sources, if it not a secret. I would not mind about "cleanest", perfection is very (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Castle returns for 2000!

(...) Kenny! (...) Sorry but, who is this "Kenny" all of you talking about? I have some guesses about his "occupation" but,..anyway..:-) Selçuk (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: OZAFOL's unite!!

(...) Name: Darren Foreman Age: 24 Where is OZ: Brisbane Occupation: Network Administrator Married: No Lego Fan Since: Age 6-12. Stopped for a long while and have just gotten back into it a month ago. Number of sets: Only 3 full sets and the 2 (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Color & Classic Space

Felix Greco skrev i meddelandet ... (...) each (...) Not just pilots, they also drove some vehicles which transported stuff. (...) I´d say scout pilots, the pilot some fo the smaller cars and ships. And also techincians. (...) Blue = scout pilots, (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Cars, Trucks, & other essentials.

I think the yellow colour is good. Tan would look awful, as well as a pink colour. If the minifigs had different colours, then people would be mad and say "TLG is bad and evil! If not, then why did they include one (insert colour of your choice (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.town)

  Model Team set #5571 Giant Truck for sale (New and sealed)!

Hello all, I want to sell set #5571 Giant Truck - new and unopened, factory sealed. Box in excellent condition. set price: $87 shipping costs to USA for airmail: $29 shipping costs with surface mail to USA: $19 If interested please contact me, the (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Castle returns for 2000!

R2 wrote in message ... (...) I don't think so. We, "guys" are not sent, rather, have already been into it, for a long time...:-) A in AFOL stands for "adult", you know..:-) Selçuk (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Color & Classic Space

Well, if we are talking about Futuron, I think that red minifigs were only in some kind of base. That would make them scientists. --Tobias <SNIP> (...) mini-fig (...) mix (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Lugnet.Underground vs Lugnet.Rockraiders

(...) Todd, the tree outline of ALL the themes helped immensely. Now I have the BIG picture in one place. I suggest this get added to an FAQ (if it isn't already) or be made into a webpage for Lugnet off the main page. <ICS> (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Color & Classic Space

Hehe... good theory. --Tobias (...) each (...) gaurds, (...) represented (...) service. (...) mini-figs (...) was (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Meccano vs. Erector (WAS: Top Ten Toys on A&E)

Allan, a very nice summary or overview of Meccano & Erector. I enjoyed both the article and the images. Your father did a very nice job. I hope the LEGO Group does take note of some of the lessons they could learn from the rise and slow decline of (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  New Online Set / Parts store now open!

Needing a new car has pushed my plans to open an online Lego store! The first phase is up now, with many recently discontinued sets available (secure credit card ordering is possible for immediate shipment). There are huge quantities of Fright (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: My Lego Obsession & Philosophy

(...) Beth, I am happy to see she rebelled against her father. Becoming an engineer after a childhood like that is an accomplishment. <ICS> You need a license to own a dog, but anyone can have children. (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Letter to the LEGO President...

(...) Oh -- I almost missed pointing out something pedantic. :) AFOL can certainly mean whatever you want it to mean since it's a made-up acronym and not anything official, but I hafta point out that no one ever uses AFOL to mean Adult *Friends* of (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Problem setting up nqc/ RcxXX

The error message indicates that nqc isn't getting any response at all from the IR tower. This generally indicates a problem with the serial port or cable. The near/far setting on the tower, or problems with the RCX wouldn't result in this error. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Toward LUGNET equality

(...) Lighten up, Francis;-) -John (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Talked to LEGO today

The person I spoke to was very helpful, well, sort of, not much information gained. I asked about the GST, they reckon the price will drop. I asked about the LEGO EXPO at MYER Melbourne (from Dec. I think..) They don't know if it's coming to Syd (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: JPL engineer needs help with space instr. model

Hello Mark; Building a LEGO model of this satellite sounds like an excellent project. Some thoughts on the ongoing discussion: (...) My brother-in-law happens to own Alberta Industrial Models. A $10K estimate would not be out of line, depending on (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: OZAFOL's unite!!

(...) Name: James Howse Age: 23 Where in OZ: Sydney, Australia Occupation: Unversity student Married: no... Kids: not applicable Lego fan since: Duplo age Number of pieces: 25,000 ish maybe? Number of sets: 200+ Favourite sets: 8480 Technic shuttle, (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: GEEZ, can we report this guy for theft?

(...) Hmm, maybe there's another possible explanation. At least, if someone's willing to steal, then they're probably also willing to lie. I'm not trying to imply that this person is lying, but it's possible that he/she/it built the RMD (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: LEGO RCX Skydivers

(...) I would suggest making the RCX do a bungee jump first, before taking to the skies.If anything should go wrong, at least you would have a finite length of rope. -- C S Soh (URL) where air is power (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lugnet.Underground vs Lugnet.Rockraiders

(...) Rock Raiders™ is the name of a play theme (the first released play theme) within the LEGO SYSTEM™ Underground product category. (...) That's because Aquazone is the name of the product category. Underwater isn't the name of the product (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.underground)

  New Items on The Vault - 11/4

There are lots new items on The Vault including several Znap sets, the new P&O Stena Line Ferry, a couple Paradisa sets and an old 12V train! Prices have been reduced on all Islanders sets, and all Shell sets are now being clearanced with big (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Is Jambalaya a dismal failure?

Why are we seeing so FEW updates from so MANY boxes bouncing around to so MANY people? I can understand not having the time to write up an inventory of swapped parts (I don't have time to do that), but I can't understand not having 30 seconds to (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Train Newbie Delurk

Hello. The time came and I have bought my ticket on the Trainhead Express. I have pushed aside all other projects to get my first Lego train restored! It's a 4.5V system that Chris Spencer once owned. A tired old 0-4-0 steam engine and some (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another eBay Info Auction

Simple answer to this one - Larry needs to auction off the info, 1000 lots, at $.01 each plus Ebay fees ;-) (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Color & Classic Space

(...) For me, yellow figs served as commanders for ground infantry. (...) Now these guys were indeed the technicians--they piloted small ships and supported in larger ones, when I'd put together a clump of ships. (...) This is interesting! I use (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: My fleet is bigger'n your fleet!

(...) It's not a boat, either. :) I presume it's a simple matter of confluence. (...) Indeed fluyts are far far earlier (c.17th-C.). The fleet is primarily post-1870, but the fluyts and ironclads fall into an earlier era (Holdovers? Anachronisms? (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Mech: Soldier (Getting somewhat off-topic)

Thanks. I've thought about a web page lately, but I don't know how to start one and maintain it with a low budget. Travis (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Really cheap Star Wars minifigs

Um, the intro page WHERE? There are lots of auction sites out there ;-) (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Another eBay Info Auction

Well if you take a look at the auction, at this time all but one of the bidders has retracted their bids. YEAH! I still do not get the part where you can't tell people information fo free, but you can sell the same information. Must be because if (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.theory)

  Communication with PC using NQC

Hi all! Having a touch of flu, I might be asking a FAQ here... if so, sorry. How can the RCX communicate with the PC, except by SendMessage? The Spirit.ocx has the Poll functionality to ask for RCX state - is there any similar stuff in NQC? And are (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Another sickening Ebay auction - 1775 for $50 STARTING bid

(URL) starting bid?!? Can someone without an Ebay account email the bidder (mwdcitguru@compuserve.com) and let him know where he can get it, currently in stock, much cheaper? The auction ends in 12 hours. (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  GEEZ, can we report this guy for theft?

(URL) ONLY way he got ahold of one of these is by STEALING it from a store or warehouse, as the drawings don't end for quite some time. This sickens me. (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Wild West ?!

(...) the indian sets didn't sell well at all.. and i'm not surprised. they're rather ugly sets, even though they do have some cool parts. the other sets sold pretty well, i think, given that they were a bit overpriced to start out with. (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  OZAFOL's unite!!

Hi Ho all you OZAFOL's across this big brown flat mysterious crazy country. I've noticed that the loc.au section of LUGNET is slowing down (as is evident by alot of "Is anyone out there?" single post threads. I thought it might be nice to do a small (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Trading Lego

Daniel - search on Lugnet for my name and "US AND S@H", and you'll find many postings from me offering to do this for people. As for the safest way, using LarryP's Factoring Service works best for me, when I am not trading actual sets. I'm all full (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Theme longevity? (Was: Wild West ?!)

(...) My thought is that the Adventurers more or less replaced the pirates (Much to every AFOL chagrin). I expect them to do a pirate length run, if they remain popular. My guess is that we will always have the three large themes (castle, town, and (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: G'Day!

(...) Hi Ho all you Sydney AFOL's (and anyone else across this big brown flat mysterious crazy country). I feel very traitorous as I have been neglecting the lugnet.loc.au posts in favour of the lugnet.starwars and other more frequented posts. Big (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd)

  Re: LEGO RCX Skydivers

(...) One might recall the old engineering class competition (MIT? somewhere else?) that involves dropping a protected egg some distance onto a hard surface or the one where the egg is catapulted. In any case, if one presumed that an egg was at (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: JPL engineer needs help with space instr. model

(...) Are you talking about modeling the MISR Terra Spacecraft out of Lego? (...) Unless the scale is really out of control, I would guess that it could be done pretty cheaply - unless you wanted to motorize it and use Mindstorms. (...) I would (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.build)

  Re: FOTW Knight Lords Castle parted out

24 of the castle windows just went for $25.00 on eBay (item #186071574). The previous time I saw them I think they went for more. Also, the long grey arches and the giant black columns are probably desirable-- especially since they are bagged (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general)

  Windows wanted

I need the following: Gray 1x4x3 Sloped 2-pane windows with blue glass (from 6597 Century Skyway). (need 3 of these) Black 1x4x2 Train windows with gray bar inserts (from 1786 Jailbreak Joe). (need 2 of these) I'm offering $4 each for the gray (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  FS: Speed Regulator and curve track from 4561

I am selling the Speed Regulator and 16 pieces of 9V curve train track. First one to offer $33 gets it delivered Priority Mail w/in USA. -Mike (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  USB tower?

I recall rumors many months back of a USB tower. Any more news? --- Andrew (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  (canceled)

  6000 Idea Book sticker scans?

Can someone who owns a 6000 Idea book please scan parts of the sticker sheets at 600/1200dpi (OPTICAL, not interpolated - 1200dpi would be better, my printer does 1200dpi) and email them to me? Please put a ruler next to them, so I can guarantee (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Problem setting up nqc/ RcxXX

Hi, I'm running an NT 4 SL 5 machine and tried to install nqc (202). If I try to translate the test program and send it to the rcx I always get: C:\Carsten\nqc>nqc -d test.nqc Downloading Program:error Problem talking to IR device I tried both (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Our Trip to the LEGO Store...

Mark Herzberg wrote in message ... (...) of (...) According to my mom (from one of the people she works with), the store at Potomac Mills Mall (Dale City, Virginia vacinity) is reportedly already open. My parents are supposed to check it out this (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: JPL engineer needs help with space instr. model

Wow! that's quick! (...) Actually, I would not know. JPL is one of many NASA centers, and there are 6000 employees at JPL with hundreds of projects and no chat rooms like this, to be sure. Legos have been used to build rovers and stuff for kids as (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.build)

  Re: My Lego Obsession & Philosophy

Laura- Next time you see your mom, give her a great big hug and thank her for encouraging you. During one of my husband's internships, he worked with a female engineer from Sweden who was *beaten* by her father when she tried to play with Lego as a (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: My fleet is bigger'n your fleet!

(...) You certainly beat me on monetary value of your fleet! It just hurts too much to pay $200+ for a BSB or SES when I paid that much for four RBR. (...) MOC? No bandsaw. I like the idea, though. (...) And West Hills is....? I'm more of in "East (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My fleet is bigger'n your fleet!

(...) Yes, I have to put the coastal town back together. You have me all hollow in big ships! Bruce (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My fleet is bigger'n your fleet!

(...) I was using it in the sense of the term as Steve Jackson uses it in his Pirate Game rather than an actual ship (I know, a Brig ain't a ship). (...) flagships) Not tubby enough (IMHO). Whenever I get an extra brown midsection, I can return one (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: In what sets do #2 angle connectors come?

John VanZwieten wrote in message ... (...) Searching my database I come up with the following sets that contain that part (32034): 2151 Robo Raider - contains 1 in Gray 5542 Black Thunder - contains 1 in Gray 8213 Spy Runner - contains 4 in Black (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Castle returns for 2000!

Eric Brok wrote in message ... (...) "And" would only apply in one statement. "She's a little busty, and looks like a whore." The two statements are separated because one of them is a question. A sentence should never start with "and". Should all (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: The "geography" of local space

Hi, just noodling around. Websters gives it as 1pc = 3.27ly It's the distance an ange of one minute subtends at a distance of one au. Don't be afraid of a little trig. au means astronomical unit. Lookit up. Would you like to know how to derive a (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: JPL engineer needs help with space instr. model

(...) Cool! Actually, I'm surprised NASA diddn't do this with sojurner back in 96. (...) This probably means gluing the non-moving parts together. That is how all of the "official" models like store displays are built. (...) For most of us this is a (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.build)

  Lugnet.Underground vs Lugnet.Rockraiders

Howdy All- I'm no Rock Raiders fan, however I just noticed that the Lugnet group for Rock Raiders is named "lugnet.underground". Was this Lugnet group named prior to us knowing the offical Lego® name??? The aquazone group is named just that, not the (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Color & Classic Space

(...) Hmmm... interesting. As a kid I ranked them: White = Technicians and also Medical personel Red = Engineers Yellow = Computer Systems Experts Blue = Scientists Black = Pilots/Commanders ('cause they looked the coolest) Not so different. And (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: LEGO RCX Skydivers

I'm not sure which is scarier... the concept of dropping an RCX or the fact that you would have to "test" the design. I'd really be interested in seeing details of your results, but only if you succeed. hugging my RCX, :?) bishop Ian Sinclair wrote (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Our Trip to the LEGO Store...

Looks like LEGO will be planning even more outlets. I heard that LEGO might open an outlet at the world's largest outlet mall, Sawgrass Mills, outside of Miami. (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Oops! Sorry, hit the button 3 times . . .

Going home for tonight. Hear from y'all tomorrow! Thanx in advance! (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.build)

  Re: info on pneumatics

(...) Hello Mike; You missed an excellent discussion about compressors and a compressor test stand built out of LEGO just a little while ago. You could probably search Lugnet for the discussion. Some very useful web pages by others are: (URL) for (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I'm sorting by color now!

(...) I sort by form and color. I have LEGO storage drawers (5225, 545, etc.). Each drawer is a color. 1 drawer for each color of 1x, 2x and plates. I also have drawers for miscellaneous elements by color: expanders, roofs, 5 tall bricks, rounds, (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.build)

  Re: The "geography" of local space

Can one of you budding astronomers tell me how many light years are equal to a parsec? <ICS> (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: ARE YOU READY...

(...) Just so long as he says he has BSB, SES, for sale he can torture me all day long. lol matt (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  JPL engineer needs help with space instr. model

Hi all! I am a field research engineer at JPL for the MISR project of the Earth Observation System. Our URL is: www-misr.jpl.nasa.gov. I have been involved with our project's outreach effort for some years and came up with an idea of using Legos to (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.build)

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

  Re: Wild West ?!

(...) I've only bought the Indian set with the chief and a horse because I wanted it for an anthropological museum. I even switched his historically inaccurate spear for one of the Lego rifles and put the feathers on the end of the gun like real (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: My fleet is bigger'n your fleet!

(...) My fleet is made of 6 BSB 4 SES 5 Clippers 8 armada flagships i have a MOC and its a armada flagship with 7 midsections and cut yes cut with a bandsaw so i have a 26stud wide ship. matt morgan p.s. bruce do you live in the L.A. area I am in (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Quickie Auction: Bulk colors green, black, blue, and yellow

I need to bump up my supply of red and white bricks so its time to break up another bunch of bulk tubs. I'd like to get 10 of 1200 pice tubs (Set 3033) but am open to getting more if there is a large enough demand for theses pieces. I'd like to get (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: I'm sorting by color now!

(...) I faced that intimidation problem, too, when I initially wanted to change from color to shape. I'm actually still in the process of organizing (something that started quite a few months ago). Hopefully I'll be done by the time I have to move (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.build)

  Re: In what sets do #2 angle connectors come?

John VanZwieten wrote in message ... (...) 8417 (Mag Wheel Master 29.95 US) comes with 4 in black, and 8437 (Future Car ? US) comes with 4 in blue if that helps. If you get 8417 for these parts, I'll take the wheels! :) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Color & Classic Space

This may be rehashing an old topic, but has anyone ever thought about what each color might mean for the old space mini-figs? Here's my theory: Yellow= Pilots- they always seemed to be the figs that came with spaceships White= Technicians- they (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: In what sets do #2 angle connectors come?

(...) There is Service Pack #5201 from shop@home. I don't know if it is still available, but it has four of the 180 degree type, plus four each of the other types. Price list I have says: $4.50 USA $6.25 CAN <ICS> (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I'm sorting by color now!

(...) Ah yes, that's the problem, getting over the intimidation of wanting to actually SORT the pieces. I originally wanted to sort by shape/form but found that I was going to be at it for the rest of my life (hey I was ten at the time) so I went by (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.build)

  Re: Character Arrays

You're initializing foo[] wrong, it should be: char foo[] = { '1', '2', '3', '4' ); (...) the (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: I'm sorting by color now!

On Thu, 4 Nov 1999 17:43:50 GMT, Sproaticus <jsproat@io.com> wrote: Ugh, sorting by colour. -_-; I've got all my bricks sorted by colour, I have both halves of the Futuron monorail set filled with black and grey bricks. Both halves of the second (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.build)

  Re: I'm sorting by color now!

(...) forever) I had them sorted by color. For some reason I just liked the way they looked and I didn't think I'd ever use them again, because I didn't have time to just leisure build and I had accidentally thrown all my directions out. Then I came (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.build)

  Y2K Dream Last Night???

When I woke this morning and recalled my dream I realized I had a LEGO dream. I'll admit, those don't happen often enough for me but in this dream I had dreamt of a new road crossing. It was a red color scheme like the 4556 and 4557 but this (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My fleet is bigger'n your fleet!

On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, Bruce Schlickbernd (<FKp74n.BDK@lugnet.com>) wrote at 00:09:59 (...) No MOCs yet, and many not even out of the box: 10 Armada Flagships 6 Red Beard Runners 3 Imperial Flagships 2 Black Seas Barracudas (BSB) 1 Skull's Eye Schooner (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Help The Homeless In Legoville!

Yeah, okay, here's the thing - I pretend that the streetwalkers have houses in the outskirts since no idiot in his right mind would build enough houses for EVERY minifig. I'd have over a hundred if I did! (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: My Lego Obsession & Philosophy

(...) I like it. Very neat. I like the LEGO van too... Is that a digitally modified van, or did you get a magnetic LEGO sign for fun trips? <ICS> (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Theme longevity? (Was: Wild West ?!)

(...) I assume this is referring to three-year "theme" (Adventurers, Wild West, etc.) cycles, not "sub-theme" (Cowboys, Indians, etc.). I don't think three years is an accurate assumption: Wild West had two years ('96 - more cowboys/soldiers (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

Skipped 6 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.statistics, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact