 Local / Australia / 15
14  |  16
Subject:
OZAFOL's unite!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 05:30:53 GMT

Hi Ho all you OZAFOL's across this big brown flat mysterious crazy country.
I've noticed that the loc.au section of LUGNET is slowing down (as is evident
by alot of "Is anyone out there?" single post threads.

I thought it might be nice to do a small OZAFOL roll call (similar to the
LUGNET roll call, but a bit shorter), so if anyone in OZ is interested, here
goes.

Name: Pete Callaway

Age: 27

Where in OZ: Sydney, Australia

Occupation: Civil/Construction Engineer

Married: Yep

Kids: Nope

Lego fan since: I guess, age 5 (has it been THAT long??)

Number of pieces: around 15,000, plus change

Number of sets: around 100

Favourite sets: 851 (It's a very good replica of a Massy Ferguson tractor, dad
used to own a real one!!)

Favourite themes: Star Wars (brought me out of the dark ages) and pneumatic
technic

Current Lego Project: Making minifig size models of Dune2000 vehicles (great
PC game!!)

Lego praise: I like the SW sets, they're some of the best I've seen in a long
time.

Lego peeve: The price we pay for sets in OZ (not exactly TLG's fault) and the
#$%@*&!! pathetic range of service packs (100% TLG's fault)

What you would say to KKK if you met him face to face: Please stop ignoring
the thousands of AFOL's around the world and offer an on-line bulk parts
ordering service, and sack everyone in TLG who still thinks that Lego is a
kids-only product

That should do it. I hope this sparks some interest from the OZ contingent on
LUGNET, and maybe some other discussion threads. Feel free to add any other
questions if you like.

Pete Callaway