 Local / Australia / 21
Re: OZAFOL's unite!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 12:30:14 GMT

Peter Callaway <pcallaway@bmcl.com.au> wrote in message
news:FKpLzH.F1s@lugnet.com...
Hi Ho all you OZAFOL's across this big brown flat mysterious crazy • country.
I've noticed that the loc.au section of LUGNET is slowing down (as is • evident
by alot of "Is anyone out there?" single post threads.

I thought it might be nice to do a small OZAFOL roll call (similar to the
LUGNET roll call, but a bit shorter), so if anyone in OZ is interested, • here
goes.

Name: Maurice Smith (& Adam & Ngaio)

Age: 46

Where in OZ: Sydney, Australia

Occupation: I/S manager

Married: A while back

Kids: Yeah, 2 legophiles (you gotta count Belville)

Lego fan since: Oldest son burst into tears when I gave him a clone castle
at age 5.

Number of pieces: many

Number of sets: 2000+

Favourite sets: Don't start me eh!

Favourite themes: BT1, Forestmen, 9V Trains, Classic Space, Technics, Boats,
Fabuland, Belville, Paradisa, Black Knight, M:tron

Current Lego Project(s): Expanding Fabuland layout, packing up the post-BT2
Space collection so we can build all the Technics stuff we bought.

Lego praise: Quality control, the original concept.

Lego peeve: The price we pay for sets in OZ, the part that only came in one
set, the set that was only released O/S.

What you would say to KKK if you met him face to face: If it ain't broke,
don't fix it! Get back to basics, ask the kids what they like - it' s
timeless. There's a new group of 6 yo every year that need a decent big
castle. (and 7 yo, and 8 yo, and 9...

That should do it. I hope this sparks some interest from the OZ contingent • on
LUGNET, and maybe some other discussion threads. Feel free to add any • other
questions if you like.

Pete Callaway