 Local / Australia / 32
Re: OZAFOL's unite!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 23:40:25 GMT

Many thanks to Benjamin Whytcross for pointing me towards this group! I'd
missed it when I originally joined LUGNET, all I saw were the ng's for each
city. I wonder if Jamie O'Brien knows about this ng.

Name: Paul Baulch

Age: 28

Where in OZ: Melbourne, Victoria (Is there _anyone_ on LUGNET from
Melbourne?!? Doesn't seem to be, lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel has been dead for a
looong time)

Occupation: Computer programmer (Infogrames Melbourne House - anyone played
Way Of The Exploding Fist?).

Married: Not yet.

Kids: No, but I'm looking forward to it - ever heard a bloke younger than 35
say that? ;-)

Lego fan since: #357 Fire Station - I would have been about four, probably.
That building was magic.

Number of pieces: Double since the end of my dark age.... I'm guessing
around 80,000.

Number of sets: Oooh, towards 300

Favourite sets: 8880 Supercar, 6897 Rebel Hunter, 6887 Allied Avenger - dark
age partly ended with these 3 sets in '93, but it didn't really end
till the middle of this year. Oh, and 6286 "The Black Scull" ;-) Just
beautiful. Will I ever hold one in my hands..... *sigh*

Favourite themes: Competition/Cyberslam. Insectoids. Rock Raiders. Oh,
wait....

Best find: ~3000pcs of near-mint Lego from a bloke in Hurstbridge, Victoria
which included a complete Blacktron MIB and 4030 cargo ship. Sorry to
whoever rang up and offered him $500, I was there and I waved the money in
his face and he said yes. He advertised in theTrading Post!

Current Lego Project: Building more spacecraft, revitalising my web page

Lego praise: Possibly the most exquisitely engineered toy the human race has
ever seen.
Lego peeve: USED Pirate ships are *&@^$*# impossible to find, and even when
you DO find one, three dozen people have already found it! :-(

What you would say to KKK if you met him face to face: G'day. I'd like two
thousand mixed light and dark grey slope pieces, a thousand green 2x10s, and
a Skull's Eye Schooner. Yeah, that'll be take away, thanks.