 General / 9674
Re: historical gap for themes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 08:41:56 GMT

Paul Sinasohn wrote in message ...
In lugnet.general, Jonathan Wilson writes:
b) there's enough of a connection to other popular media (movies, TV) • that
there's a connection for the kids to make to other forms of • entertainment
they've seen

I see. kids are exposed to guns in the movies and on tv all the time, • therefore TLG
making modern guns just reinforces the fact that guns are ok.

--
Jonathan Wilson
wilsonj@xoommail.com

But, Jonathan - do they really make "modern" guns? I've not seen any gun • that
looks like a modern gun... I'm thinking of a revolver like James Bond or
Mulder/Scully would use.

And I was thinking of Indiana Jones movies and shows when I wrote that :-)

Paul Sinasohn

Please take a look at the set# 6490.

http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6490

It is obviously a "modern times" set (a yellow Land Rover type jeep) and
this set includes a rifle as a trophy gear. Human Skull and bones in the
mouth of the alligator is another issue for this set, maybe..:-)

Selçuk