 General / 9677
Re: historical gap for themes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 13:16:37 GMT

Selçuk wrote:
Paul Sinasohn wrote in message ...

But, Jonathan - do they really make "modern" guns? I've not seen any gun • that
looks like a modern gun... I'm thinking of a revolver like James Bond or
Mulder/Scully would use.
Please take a look at the set# 6490.

http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6490

It is obviously a "modern times" set (a yellow Land Rover type jeep) and
this set includes a rifle as a trophy gear. Human Skull and bones in the
mouth of the alligator is another issue for this set, maybe..:-)

Wow, that *is* interesting.  Let's see...

"It's OK because it's not a 'military' set - the rifle is there for hunting,
not for shooting people...so we're not promoting modern violence, really, just
archaic violence..."

Hmm...LEGO Hunting theme...orange-vested minifigs carrying rifles and 1x1
cylinders (for beer cans, natch)...one-piece deer a la the horses (maybe the
antlers would be removable, with a stud on the forehead - that way you could
make unicorns for Castle, too...) Mud-splattered 4x4 pickup...Oh, and finally
a cow that the intoxicated hunters could mistake for a deer and shoot!

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
LEGO Want List:      http://www.io.com/~jeffj/LEGO/wantlist.txt
LEGO Trade List:     http://www.io.com/~jeffj/LEGO/tradelist.txt
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m