 General / 9687
Re: historical gap for themes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 16:58:44 GMT

In lugnet.general, Selçuk Göre writes:

Paul Sinasohn wrote in message ...
In lugnet.general, Jonathan Wilson writes:
b) there's enough of a connection to other popular media (movies, TV) • that
there's a connection for the kids to make to other forms of • entertainment
they've seen

I see. kids are exposed to guns in the movies and on tv all the time, • therefore TLG
making modern guns just reinforces the fact that guns are ok.

--
Jonathan Wilson
wilsonj@xoommail.com

But, Jonathan - do they really make "modern" guns? I've not seen any gun • that
looks like a modern gun... I'm thinking of a revolver like James Bond or
Mulder/Scully would use.

And I was thinking of Indiana Jones movies and shows when I wrote that :-)

Paul Sinasohn

Please take a look at the set# 6490.

http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6490

It is obviously a "modern times" set (a yellow Land Rover type jeep) and
this set includes a rifle as a trophy gear. Human Skull and bones in the
mouth of the alligator is another issue for this set, maybe..:-)

Selçuk
Perhaps the rule is - guns for fighting always happens in the past or future.
Guns in the present are NEVER for fighting other 'figs, just for hunting or
target practice, as this set seems to represent. i think lego is staying away
from modern war toys more than guns in general.

Chris