 General / 9497
9496  |  9498
Subject:
historical gap for themes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 23:39:08 GMT

IMHO, I think that 70 years out, either side, is a minimum - that's 2 (almost
3) generations, which means that (for the history side):

a) not a lot of people who lived in that era are still around, so nasty
memories wouldn't get brought back to life (unlike the artist who did the death
camp/holocaust sets)

b) there's enough of a connection to other popular media (movies, TV) that
there's a connection for the kids to make to other forms of entertainment
they've seen

For the future, 70 years is 3 generations forward, far enough that there's no
chance of confusion with reality or potentially realistic technology.