 General / 9892
Re: historical gap for themes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 05:53:19 GMT

Matthew Wilkins wrote:

In lugnet.general, Jonathan Wilson writes:

I want a sheep piece so that I can use it with my shearer.

--
Jonathan Wilson
wilsonj@xoommail.com

...must...restrain...sarcastic...comment...about...sheep...and...personal...hab
its...

**whew!**

Sometimes the unsaid is worse than the said.  That said (or unsaid), at least we've
got a polar bear to shave in the new Arctic theme.

Personally, I've always found it interesting that TLG has such animal
diveristy in some areas (spiders, snakes, scorpions) and so little in others
(cows, pigs, chickens). When I was a kid, playing with farm toys was de
rigeur. Now, apparently, no self respecting child will play with *any* set
which doesn't offer thrills of violence and potential death (says the man who,
as a Little Legoleer staged enormous Classic Space battles).

You do have some of them in Duplo, but they're a little out of scale.  I used a
Belville Dalmatian once in a theme..."Giant mutant dog!  Run!"

If I may, why do we consider the pistol-grip thingy with a cone barrel a gun-
shape? When I was a wee tyke, I used these as megaphones. (Sure, they weren't
very useful in vacuum, but it was *fantasy*.)

Fantasy, fantasy, Space, space, or Sci-Fi?  ;)

I've never considered them a "gun-shape."  There are pistol shapes for that!  Now,
when mated with a pistol shaped piece, they do make handy SMGs...

LFB.