 General / 9891
Re: More news on 2000 lineup!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 05:40:11 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kya Morden writes:
On Tue, 9 Nov 1999 02:15:29 GMT, "Rachel Kingston"
<Kingston@spirit.com.au> wrote:

Yeah i found out what it was, not a set I would bother collecting, I obviously
never had spanish lessons, I hail from Australia, at school we learnt a lot
about Aboriginal culture and not much else, (way back then, the rest of the
world didnt exist in the eyes of my teachers, or at least in the schools I
went to)But I'm making up for it now.

Dont know if I come under the label of a doofus, but I love the ninja sets
(as well as castle) Dont see why its necessary to bag anyone out who doesnt
collect the same sets as you.
For example, I dont like the star wars (at least not enough to buy it) but
theres plenty of people out there who do,  to critisise this would be
extremely egotistical. Not a characteristic that I would be proud of!

Anyway, I agree with Kya, Japanese culture is fascinating, and I dig the sets.
Am a bit disapointed with the new castle set, the castle itself is a must
have, but the other sets are a bit repetitive, though its great to have more
castle females again.

I think the Dino sets are great, (though I agree with the comment about the
ptyrodactyls, they look a bit lame) The T Rex is great though, however the
dinos would've been great in a set by themselves, I think the Dinos could've
gone on for a long time, with heaps of variety, I collect adventurers but
wouldntve put the Dinos with them.
I assume that because the dinos are adventurers then they will have a 2 year
run with no new sets, in the second year. That'd be a shame

Rachel

Yeah I'm with you on this one Alex, I cant wait to see what the hell it is!
And want to see the look on someones face the first time I say "Hi I collect
Futbol!"
Wonder where they got this name from, is it Danish? whats a Futbol??? Can
anyone enlighten us?
The Dino thing is killing me, I need to see them!!!!!!!! Drool, pant,
(Lots of fingernail biting going on here)
Rachel

Er, Um, Football is the European name for Soccer.  If I'm vaguely
remembering my Spanish lessons in  highschool correctly, Football was
spelled "Futbal" or something along those lines.  I could be wrong
though.

Kya