 General / 9771
9770  |  9772
Subject:
More news on 2000 lineup!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 15:35:00 GMT

I found this in RTL:

"Thad A. Doria" <tad@journals.uchicago.edu> writes:

Got one (in a Snowspeeder box) yesterday. Quick impressions:

Castle is back, and it's not very nice. I was hoping for another year
of Ninja, but I'm afraid it's back to "Knight's Kingdom". A few new
castle wall pieces, the Princess is back, new catapults, and a tan
pedestal-like piece that's interesting, but the sets themselves look
very skimpy, esp. when compared to Ninja sets. Oh, the CyberSlam missile
launchers get recycled in black.

Cyberslam missile launchers?!  This sounds like they wanted something
that could shoot, but wanted to avoid the shooting cannons.  Sounds
cheesy to me.

Star Wars. Much has already been said. The Episode 1 Trade Federation
stuff looks *very* nice, and the Model Team sets are astounding.

We want more info...

Adventurers. Only a teaser page (not out until July). Get ready for
at least three kinds of Lego Dinosaurs!

Hope they're not simply using the Duplo dinos!

Town. Town's been dead for years, and it won't be coming back to life
anytime soon.

Arctic. Not too bad. Lots of orange, lots of tank treads. And a very
interesting new wall piece that'll go nicely with Star Wars sets.
(Bit like the Death Star detention cells.) Yes, the minifigs are wearing
parkas, and being chased by Lego polar bears, and watching meteorites
containing radioactive insects fall from the sky...
(No orange parkas. Just green, and blue for that "Han Solo on Hoth"
look...)

Sounds like Rock Raiders gone arctic to me.  The rock monsters have
become ice monsters, energy crystals have become radioactive insects and
so on.

RoboRiders. If you liked Throwbots/Slizers, you'll probably like these
motorbike characters that somehow shoot their wheels. They're colored
like counterparts to the Fire, Ski, Electro, Rock, Amazon, and Jet
Throwbots.

Slizers on wheels?  Sounds interesting.

Futbol. Really hard to describe. The designers actually expect you to
play a game with this. I have no idea if it works. Anyway, there's a
field, an elaborate tv crew setup, team vans, etc.

Fredrik