 General / 9801
Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 23:01:03 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
Glad I don't waste my time with RTL anymore.  What kind of doofus
would prefer Ninja to REAL Castle stuff?  Gimme a break.

First of all, Thad only wrote that the new sets looked "very skimpy"
compared to the Ninja sets...  [...]

OK, he also wrote that he was hoping for another year of Ninja, but maybe
that was because he either liked Ninja (which I would argue is "OK" :-) or
because he felt that recent themes like Fright Knights, Dark Forest, and
Royal Knights had only been pale imitations of the glory years anyway.

Ok, so you see I wasn't necessarily (or at all, in fact) responding
to the alleged "skimpiness" of the new sets.  Cool.  Give me basic
gray bricks, castle walls, and pitchforks and I'll be happy.

I'd agree with anyone who felt that FK, DF, and RK were pale
imitations of the glory years.  Still, I'd prefer pale imitations to
TLG's tardy attempt to cash in on the Ninja-craze that swept through
the waking world 10 years ago or more.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/