 Off-Topic / Debate / 2509
Re: B5 (was: Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 18:07:25 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Franks writes:

I know people who have seen every episode who say I'd love it if I
had as well.  I even have a friend with all of them on tape, but
there's no way I'm wasting my time watching all that.

That's fair enough too :) But it's kind of like seeing some Town Jr and Ninja
sets and saying "Lego? Phah!". But if you do ever become curious and spend • some
time with your friend, get them to weed out the 'filler' episodes, as there
are a few!

Richard

Like all of Season One, really...
If I had to recommend just five episodes, then obviously they would be:
- Babylon Squared
- War Without End (Part One)
- War Without End (Part Two)
- The Coming of Shadows
- Z'ha'doum (or however the heck it's spelt)

Those five episodes are pretty much self-contained in their relevance to the
arc story (as in you get a lot of arc info without getting many unanswered
questions), and the 'Babylon 4 trilogy' (the first three episodes on the list)
is one of my favourite Sci-fi stories ever (not quite up there with "The Return
of Starbuck" or "City on the Edge of Forever", but almost...)
Just to kind of relate this to Lego, the only thing that made me get any of the
UFO sets was the fact that the large grey slopes were ideal to make Starfuries,
and the headpiece/shoulders of the figures bore an uncanny resemblence to Kosh!

Stu C.
University of Glasgow