 General / 9798
Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 22:47:07 GMT

In lugnet.general, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) writes:

In lugnet.general, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley) writes:
Fredrik Glöckner <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote:
"Thad A. Doria" <tad@journals.uchicago.edu> writes:
Castle is back, and it's not very nice. I was hoping for another year
of Ninja, but I'm afraid it's back to "Knight's Kingdom". A few new
castle wall pieces, the Princess is back, new catapults, and a tan
pedestal-like piece that's interesting, but the sets themselves look
very skimpy, esp. when compared to Ninja sets. Oh, the CyberSlam missile
launchers get recycled in black.

Glad I don't waste my time with RTL anymore.  What kind of doofus
would prefer Ninja to REAL Castle stuff?  Gimme a break.

First of all, Thad only wrote that the new sets looked "very skimpy"
compared to the Ninja sets...  [...]

OK, he also wrote that he was hoping for another year of Ninja, but maybe
that was because he either liked Ninja (which I would argue is "OK" :-) or
because he felt that recent themes like Fright Knights, Dark Forest, and
Royal Knights had only been pale imitations of the glory years anyway.

--Todd