 General / 9805
Re: More news on 2000 lineup!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 23:18:59 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mike Stanley writes:
Fredrik Glöckner <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote:
I found this in RTL:

"Thad A. Doria" <tad@journals.uchicago.edu> writes:

Got one (in a Snowspeeder box) yesterday. Quick impressions:

Castle is back, and it's not very nice. I was hoping for another year
of Ninja, but I'm afraid it's back to "Knight's Kingdom". A few new
castle wall pieces, the Princess is back, new catapults, and a tan
pedestal-like piece that's interesting, but the sets themselves look
very skimpy, esp. when compared to Ninja sets. Oh, the CyberSlam missile
launchers get recycled in black.

Glad I don't waste my time with RTL anymore.  What kind of doofus
would prefer Ninja to REAL Castle stuff?  Gimme a break.

Someone who is a fan of Akira Kurosawa's films might well enjoy the Ninja
theme.  Lego's target audience (i.e. kids) might.  I wouldn't think either
could inherently refered to as a "doofus".  Why is Fright Knights "real" castle
and Ninja not?

Personally, I think the Ninja series was an interesting sub-theme.  I also
understand it doesn't fit in as well with the preceeding european-based
castles.  I enjoyed Ninja, but feel that it has run its course and I am looking
forward to the new euro-castle (alleged) line.

Bruce