 General / 9688
Re: Wild West ?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 17:26:30 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gary R. Istok writes:

Interestingly enough, Europeans just love anything to do with the American
West, be it Cowboys and Indians, or any other related topic.  Back in the 60's
and 70's one of the most popular TV shows in Europe was Bonanza (Virgina City
Nevada - circa 1870).  So naturally these sets are probably more popular over
there.  It's like us Americans going over to Europe and going gung-ho over
castles and cathedrals.  And to paraphrase a 10 year old German boy "if you've
seen one Cathedral, you've seen them all".  (Not my personal feelings, my goal
is to actually go see them all.)

Off on a tangent.
Gary Istok

The Japanese love the American West, too, as can be seen in the popularity of
such shows as Cowboy Bebop.  I don't know how this affected the Lego Western
set sales, though.

Jeff