 General / 9629
Re: Wild West ?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 21:59:26 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.general, Daniel van Berkel writes:
Hey everybody, Gotta Question...
Does anyone know why the wild-west series have been cancelled...?
I Know people in Europe rather loved it...I hoped that it would become a
complete theme with stations, farms and at least a saloon....
Does anyone have a slightest idea why it has been cancelled.

Well, here in the US, the Wild West sets have just sat on the shelves!
Nobody's been buying them (same with Insectoids and UFO), and a lot of stores
have been putting them on sale to try and get them out... I'm guessing that
overall they didn't really do that well sales-wise.

I know I wasn't buying them because I was never particularly interested in
starting to collect a whole new theme, and personally I didn't find it that
enthralling... but I have started to pick up some of the Indian sets now that
I know some of the great pieces they come with, and since they're on sale,
too!

They sat on shelves in Canada for a long time, as well, although it is getting
harder to find them.  There's still a few places around that I could get them,
but they seem to have disappeared from most retailers' shelves.  Could be
because TRU did a 50% off all Western last Boxing day, and left the sale
running.

I agree, they're good for parts, but I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in having
difficulty dealing with hordes of indians and indian-blanketed horses.
They're pretty darn useless for Castle scenarios.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/