 General / 9696
Re: Wild West ?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 16:41:10 GMT

Gary Istok skrev i meddelandet <3822F3CB.AF0D54DF@umich.edu>...

Interestingly enough, Europeans just love anything to do with the
American West, be it Cowboys and Indians, or any other related
topic.  Back in the 60's and 70's one of the most popular TV shows
in Europe was Bonanza (Virgina City Nevada - circa 1870).  So
naturally these sets are probably more popular over there.

I *think* the Wild West is really out/off/dead (your favourite word here) here
too. At the time 'Bonanza' ran in Sweden, we had one (1!!) TV channel, so
everybody watched everything. Looking at todays paper, I don't find a western
show in *any* of the channels...

It's like us Americans going over to Europe and going gung-ho over
castles and cathedrals.

The Americans go gung-ho over *any* building older than 250 years :-))
Here in Europe that's an everyday sight. But Cathedrals *are* impressive -
unnecessary, but impressive!

"More sets with (real) buildings from Lego, please!"
--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm