 General / 9679
Re: Wild West ?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 02:21:37 GMT

Timothy Carl Buchheim wrote in message <38226D10.9CD89938@cs.hmcSPAM.edu>...

the indian sets didn't sell well at all.. and i'm not surprised.
they're rather ugly sets, even though they do have some cool parts.  the
other sets sold pretty well, i think, given that they were a bit
overpriced to start out with.

That's pretty much what happened here in Australia, and even more so. The
Indian sets are absolutely everywhere, and the other Western sets are
extremely hard to find! I think that in about half the toy stores in my
state I've seen five Western town sets, and three of those were Fort
Legoredo's in one store that they'd accidentally left in a warehouse
somewhere. They were all very popular over here. I, too, would like to see
some farmhouse sets and stuff, especially as they could be used in more
modern farming Town setups too.

Paul