 General / 9637
Re: Theme longevity? (Was: Wild West ?!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 22:27:33 GMT

What I'd like to know is around when the 3 year period came about.  Certainly
some time after 1987, when Blacktron, among the first official themes, was
introduced.  Also, not every series is limited to teh 3 year itch.  One that
comes readily to mind is the Star Wars theme -- it's ready to go another six
years!

well actually it is a 2 yrs period.. with some exceptions. but 2/3 dont bother
it is still too short for some sets....
Starwars...it would be a shame if the x-wing dissapears within' 3 years and
don't think TLG would make a mistake like that

What I'm trying to lead up to is: how concrete of a policy is TLG's 3 year
period?  Does anyone else feel that it's liable to change without warning?

simply : no