 General / 9685
Re: Wild West ?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 15:52:12 GMT

Daniel van Berkel wrote:

Gary writes:

Interestingly enough, Europeans just love anything to do with the American • West, be
it Cowboys and Indians, or any other related topic

hmmm....nah normally i dont like western themes, just the lego one.
I thought it was going to be a huge theme, and i was there from the beginning.

It's like us
Americans going over to Europe and going gung-ho over castles and • cathedrals.  And
to paraphrase a 10 year old German boy "if you've seen one Cathedral, you've • seen
them all".  (Not my personal feelings, my goal is to actually go see them
all.)

So you say that peep in Europe dont like the castle theme or what?!

no hard feelings though   ;)

Dan.

No, I was just making a weak analogy about the fact that if grow up with certain
things in your own environment, you become sort of "jaded" to it.  Like Cowboys &
Indians for American kids.

What I would like to see in LEGO is a cross between Town and Castle.  A sort of
European Medieval Town theme, such as Rothenburg, Carcassone, York or Avila.  You
could have medieval town buildings, some City Walls, maybe some roadplates with a
crooked street plan.

Gary Istok