 General / 9678
Re: 6000 Idea Book sticker scans?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 13:35:25 GMT

Tom Stangl, VFAQman <talonts@vfaq.com> wrote:
Can someone who owns a 6000 Idea book please scan parts of the sticker
sheets at 600/1200dpi (OPTICAL, not interpolated - 1200dpi would be better,
my printer does 1200dpi) and email them to me?  Please put a ruler next to
them, so I can guarantee that they print exactly the right size.

Hrmmm.... it's been a while since my last computer graphics class,
but I seem to remember being told that with most inkjets (I'm
assuming you have some sort of Lexmark [1] if it does 1200 dpi) it
was really a waste to scan at anything more than 1/4 of the maximum
res of the printer.  Maybe I'm misremembering, though.

I think I read something like that in my Photosmart scanner guide
as well, though...

[1] I just ordered a Lexmark Z51 - final price after promotion and
rebate?  $74.50 - free shipping.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/