 Technic / 218
Re: info on pneumatics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 03:21:24 GMT

I quite like the idea of a Lego pump powered with some sort of reciprocating
mechanism (maybe to the existing cylinder pump - 5107) and a motor. You could
use an air tank as an accumulator to take out the pressure pulses. Probably
been done many times before, but I'm pretty excited about this whole Lego
thing again. I'm 25 and got into Lego again via Mindstorms a couple of weeks
ago, so it's all pretty new to me, hence the naievety. Ramble over. ;-)

Thanks

Mike McFarlane

Hello Mike;

You missed an excellent discussion about compressors and a compressor
test stand built out of LEGO just a little while ago.  You could
probably search Lugnet for the discussion.

Some very useful web pages by others are:

http://web.singnet.com.sg/~cssoh/actest.htm
http://staticip.cx/~benw/lego/valve/index.html
http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/compressor/index.html
http://www.net-info.com/~dcarlson/comp2.htm