 Technic / 261
Re: info on pneumatics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 21:46:45 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Mike McFarlane writes:
Hi All

Thanks for all the great info on pneumatics. I'm just playing around with a
few of the ideas, and I'll let you know if I come up with anything good.

I found a source for tubing. The RS catalogue contains Silicon tubing of 3 m
length, with a 1.6 mm wall thickness and an internal diameter of 1.6 mm. This
compares to the Lego tubing which has a 1.1 mm wall thickness and an internal
diameter of 1.9 mm. It is quite expensive at £8.80 (exc vat) for the 3 m, but
as it is the only source I have found for Silicone tubing, it will have to do.

Mike (and all)

I would try your local builders, or try talking to your local model engineering
club.  Over here (in Canada) you can get PVC tubing for  17 cents (about 9 P) a
foot.  It works great for distance tubing (like points on a lego railway), but
is not as flexable as the (silicon?) tubing that lego supply.  The next option
might be to try a medical supply store, as they are quite likely to have tubing
of around the right size.  (1/8 ID is what I use)

(I have about 500 ft of the PVC piping)

James Powell