 Robotics / 7923
7922  |  7924
Subject:
Problem setting up nqc/ RcxXX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 03:45:54 GMT

Hi,

I'm running an NT 4 SL 5 machine and tried to install nqc (202). If I
try to translate the test program and send it to the rcx I always get:

C:\Carsten\nqc>nqc -d test.nqc
Downloading Program:error
Problem talking to IR device

I tried both ports, several IR towers and several RCX. The towers are
set to close range. I down-loaded the rcx os before using a Windows 95
machine. Unfortunately I can not use this machine in the long term so I
have to make it work on my NT machine.

I have a similar problem trying to run RcxXX. It doesn't find the
robots when starting up. Again using several ports, towers and rcx.

Other people have successfully used the a serial port on my machine
before. I never tried though.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Carsten