 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 167
Re: New pbForth 1.1.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 08:33:58 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, Ralph Hempel writes:
Thanks! How does it work for you? I'll put in some release notes
on the website in a few days.

It works fine. It even worked with my own "no-echo" terminal.
Best part, of course, it's that nice splash "4th" ;)

I took the sources out for now until I can really clean them
up. If you REALLY need them, I can email them to you.

Well, I'm really would like to see sources, if it not a secret.
I would not mind about "cleanest", perfection is very difficult to reach, also
in software development as well ;)
I'm curious to know how did you solve those questions we have discussed. Also
to see your implementation of this "splash screen", etc.
And finally, working with such "fine-level" tools like Forth, you must have
sources handy. How can you figure out what is going on without them?

Next on the block is integrating the ROM math routines with
pbForth to get some speed improvement and maybe getting
double precision filled out a bit.

What do you mean under "math routines"?

Also, I'd like to get some simple applications like the
mazewalker documented.

That's would be great. I've seen sources but didn't read them yet.

So much to do, so little time.

Yeah, you are not alone, here...

-- Sergey