 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 168
RE: New pbForth 1.1.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 14:15:26 GMT

Sergey wrote:

Well, I'm really would like to see sources, if it not a secret.
I would not mind about "cleanest", perfection is very difficult to reach, also
in software development as well ;)
I'm curious to know how did you solve those questions we have discussed. Also
to see your implementation of this "splash screen", etc.
And finally, working with such "fine-level" tools like Forth, you must have
sources handy. How can you figure out what is going on without them?

It's not that hard, and it's not really a secret....I'll email the source
as a zip to you in the next few days, OK. I just realized that the only
place RCX_ECHO RCX_EMIT, and LCD_4TH are documented are on this list!

Next on the block is integrating the ROM math routines with
pbForth to get some speed improvement and maybe getting
double precision filled out a bit.

What do you mean under "math routines"?

The RCX has 32 of ROM. There are multiply and divide routines optimized
for the H8/300 in there. All I need to do is hook into them and test them,
just like the other RCX words...

It makes the hForth portability go out the window, but since the RESULT is the
same, I can just change the source and leave in the old code (commented out)

Also, I'd like to get some simple applications like the
mazewalker documented.

That's would be great. I've seen sources but didn't read them yet.

Yeah, they are REALLY unoptimized. Lots of identical (almost) words crying
out for CREATE ... DOES>

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>